Wednesday 19 October 2011

Tesco Chicken & Bacon Lattice Pie


Description: Puff Pastry. Succulent British chicken and bacon inside a rich sauce made using West country cream and tarragon, with a crispy golden puff pastry top.

Cost: £2 for a big pie (550g) which is enough for about 3 people I guess or 2 if you are very hungry.

Cooking: 45mins on number 6 from frozen.

Verdict: First impressions? The description sounds great. West country cream eh? Chicken & Bacon.. wow.. sounds yummy! Picked this because the missus isn't big on steak pies, and this chicken/bacon one with its lattice top it would be more her kind of pie.

I cook it for the recommended amount of time and serve it up with my compulsory potatoes and peas.

Cutting it open the filling smells great. Small lumps of chicken and chopped up bits of bacon. Pastry was crispy and quite filling.

The missus seemed to enjoy hers, but I was not impressed. The filling just wasn't full of flavour and was a quite bland. I think it would be better with some leek or something in it to give it a bit more taste. In the end I had to add some Daddies sauce to try and help me finish it off.

Bit of a disappointment really, and just didn't cut it compared to some of the other chicken pies I've had. Certainly wont be buying this one again.


Calorie count for this pie is 730 calories for half a pie.

Rating?  3.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment