Friday 30 September 2011

Pieminister Full English Breakfast Pie



Description: Get ready to tackle the Full English breakfast pie. Bacon, beans, smoked cheese and succulent sausages.

Cost: Not sure, but each pie is pretty small. It weighs 170g apparently. I got this free as part of an 02 Rugby promotion to sample.

Cooking: 20 minutes on number 4 from chilled.

Verdict: First impressions? Opened the box and omg this is a small looking pie. Id normally eat 2 this size. Not many pies are heavily publicised, but pieminister seem to have an unlimited budget and their pies are probably the most hyped out there, so i was very excited to try their pies out.

Cooking instructions are pretty normal. I cooked this from fresh rather than frozen so it was quicker and eagerly tucked into it.

Whats the verdict? Well, cut it open and I counted 3 small slices of sausage, 2 thin slices of mushroom and a couple of beans. The base was serious stoggy and the crust was nice. The flavour was tasty and the stoggyness did fill me up, but i was wondering where the rest of the filling was. I seem to remember these pies arnt cheap and if you compare them to the tesco value pies at 24p which are proper tasty this is a no brainer. I was left feeling very disapointed and hungry. I felt like id wasted 20mins of gas cooking this pie. Not what I wanted. I still have another pieminster pie to test and hopefully that will be better.

If pieminister want to send me other pies to test they are more than welcome and I will give an honest opinion. Maybe they want to redeem themselves, or just accept my review as it is. The choice is up to them. Im genuinely unbiased, but have to say atm i am disapointed in pieminister.

Calorie count for this pie is 440 calories per pie.

Rating?  4 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment