Saturday 1 February 2014

Sainsbury's Chicken & Spinach Puff Pastry Pie




Description: Succulent British chicken and spinach with a cream sauce in shortcrust pastry topped with golden flaky puff pastry.

Cost: £2 for a 235g pie (1 serving).

Cooking: 30 minutes on Number 4 from chilled or 45 minutes from frozen.

Verdict: First impressions? Never tried Chicken & Spinach pies before, normally Chicken & leak seems a more popular choice by makers, so I was intrigued as what this combination would taste like.

In the oven from frozen and it was soon ready. There was a nice amount of chicken inside, tender and no dodgy bits was found. I couldn't really taste the spinach at all, it seemed to vanish in the sauce which in itself didn't really do it for me. It wasnt as creamy as I expected and wasn't as thick as I normally like.

The pastry was about average for a pie, wasn't the best ive tried and wasn't the worst.

All in all, i felt it was a very plain pie. Not one I would buy again.


Calorie count is 663 calories per pie, which isn't bad at all.

Rating?   3.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment