Tuesday 27 May 2014

Birds Eye Steak & Kidney Pies




Description: Prime steak pieces and kidney, within rich gravy and delicious shortcrust pastry.

Cooking: Number 6 for 35 minutes from frozen.

Verdict: Having tried a few steak and kidney pies in my time I was really looking forward to this one. 35 minutes in the oven isn't bad from frozen and I had this one with new potatoes and carrots to make a nice change. The shortcrust pastry was lovely, really tasty and crumbly in the mouth. Inside, loads of gravy came flooding out once cut, nice, tasty and just the right thickness. The downside I found was whilst there were nice small chunks of kidney there was literally no mince. I honestly didn't find a bit anywhere. It was like having a lovely thick beef/onion soup with some kidney. Still, it was very tasty and if Birdseye just added some lumps of beef this would be an awesome pie.

Calorie wise, each pie is 505calories.

Rating? 5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment